Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

Training Request - Air - Post Here!

CHKICKER

I'd like some beginner help flying airplanes in general. I have little to no A2A experience, usually get shot before I see what's going on :P

In bombers, I very rarely manage to takeoff and when I don't get shot I have trouble flying and bombing at the same time, never seem to be able to find crew members.

I'm available weekdays 16:00 - 0:00 GMT+1 and weekends all day pretty much.

• 4 weeks later...

Howdy,

I'm a relativly new pilot for the German Luftwaffe who's interested in fighter training for the bf109; primarily I'd like to practice shooting from different angles and distances in A2A combat and when to do which maneuvers in order to achieve maximum efficiency when dogfighting (not losing too much energy, getting rid of those annoying spits etc. *g).

I usually have time during the weekends, starting from 10 .A.M. GMT.

Thanks in advance,

illu

• 4 weeks later...

Need help: Basic Manouveres, General Instruction, Situational Awareness, Not Getting shot down.

Name: jorge1o1

On Campaign from 10am EST (GMT- 5)- infinity during weekends, log on at 6-7 PM EST (GMT-5)

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys! I posted one of these long time ago and never got a respounce 8(. But now I've resubscribed and trying one Air combat one more time before I decide that that my feet belong on the ground 8P. Would love some coaching in A2A combat can do any weekday 8-10pm. Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...

Looking for A2A Training.

I play US PT/TS2

Generally best time is anytime between 8:30 EST-12AM EST.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Pilots,

I am looking for some A2A training.

I have been playing ww2ol for about 6 months and the squad I am in is mainly a land based squad and only play Axis. I have been practicing my flying off line and can take off and land smoothly. I have also been practicing dive bombing in a Stuka but now would like to learn some air combat skills in a BF 109.

I have mainly been flying a BF 109 E-1 offline.

I play the game on a Mac and use a X52 joystick and also use TS3.

I play any time between 2pm-2am (GMT)

Regards

Branddu

Hello Pilots,

I am looking for some A2A training.

I have been playing ww2ol for about 6 months and the squad I am in is mainly a land based squad and only play Axis. I have been practicing my flying off line and can take off and land smoothly. I have also been practicing dive bombing in a Stuka but now would like to learn some air combat skills in a BF 109.

I have mainly been flying a BF 109 E-1 offline.

I play the game on a Mac and use a X52 joystick and also use TS3.

I play any time between 2pm-2am (GMT)

Regards

Branddu

I can help with that, need to know which TS server you use (Either here or in a PM) though since there are a million out there.

Hey Tomcat allied here looking for some A2A combat help/training. Can fly pretty well just positioning and tactics I'm not too smooth with. I'm usually on most nights eastern time. If anyone could help please pm me I would greatly appreciate it :)

Thanks-Tomcat

• 4 weeks later...

I am no expert by far, but I am willing to help out with the allied side, sorry axis even know im used to your aircraft I only play allied these days.

I am teach you new players how to fly your hurricanes, spitfires (take off landing) but also how to shoot.

If you are intrested to learn about blenheim bomber (The one with the bomb aimer) you can also add me, this and the douglas are my specialties.

Just type .friend arkwrite and message me when im online.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

S! all. I was looking for some help with just dive bombing and taking off properly with Axis planes. Ive played ww2online for awhile but on and off and now id like to get good with flying. I play everyday between 12pm - 6pm EST

Help would be greatly appreciated,

Force

I would like to have some fly training in the 109. I know the basics ( i can land , take off) but i only cant hit anything in the air. Only bombers. So i would like some shooting training. I am online mostly between 7pm to 9pm ( GMT + 1)

or in weekend from 10am to 18pm

• 1 month later...

I was wondering if I could get a couple practice runs in a He111 as a bombardier before the Aldertag event. I am usually on for about an hour between 10 and 12 PM West Coast Time. I only need a couple runs, I will have the charts for the altitude of the targets and such with me on Aldertag, I just need some practice actually doing it.

• 1 month later...

I would like to A2A training. Half my problem is I fly exclusively Axis....so not being a strong pilot I understand that this is a self fulfilling prophecy. I fly on weeknights Eastern and some Weekend nights. Need assistance in dog fighting with a 109 and Gunnery.

• 2 weeks later...

I would like some support with Air to Air combat.

My game name is: Sandwich69.

I played the game about a year ago for a short time. I don't remember it being this hard to do A2A. I really could use some help.

My timezone is: EST.

I can be active almost anytime day or night, whatever is best for the trainer. I am flexible.

Currently I am on the AXIS side.

Thanks in advance.

• 2 weeks later...

I have about 20 hours of flight time so far. I can takeoff fine, I've read In Pursuit, all flying guides I could find, and spent alot of those hours flying around at different altitudes and pulling different moves to become familiar with my 109, as to what I can do and what I cannot.

The problem is everytime I engage an enemy, Spit, Hawk, what-ever, They always end up on my 6 and down I go. Any barreling or inverted reverses just postpone my fiery death.

Which brings me to my biggest problem. 20 hours of flight time. I've shot down 2 planes. One was a Blen on my very first sortie after I bought my joystick, and another bomber last night. But I am no match for fighters. I can't gain ANY points for rank to get a better fighter.

I realize experience is key and what separates a good pilot from a novice, and in time I will get that. But I could really use a heads-up and some advice with in-game flying.

I have my joystick all setup great, and I'll probably be ordering a TrackIR because the flight part of this game is the main reason I am going to subscribe.

I'm on ALL the time!

- desertfoxx

Edited by desertfoxx

I have about 20 hours of flight time so far. I can takeoff fine, I've read In Pursuit, all flying guides I could find, and spent alot of those hours flying around at different altitudes and pulling different moves to become familiar with my 109, as to what I can do and what I cannot.

The problem is everytime I engage an enemy, Spit, Hawk, what-ever, They always end up on my 6 and down I go. Any barreling or inverted reverses just postpone my fiery death.

Which brings me to my biggest problem. 20 hours of flight time. I've shot down 2 planes. One was a Blen on my very first sortie after I bought my joystick, and another bomber last night. But I am no match for fighters. I can't gain ANY points for rank to get a better fighter.

I realize experience is key and what separates a good pilot from a novice, and in time I will get that. But I could really use a heads-up and some advice with in-game flying.

I have my joystick all setup great, and I'll probably be ordering a TrackIR because the flight part of this game is the main reason I am going to subscribe.

I'm on ALL the time!

- desertfoxx

Hey desertfox, I think I can help you here, one thing that always helps is to set your convergance I have mine set to 150 every time I log on. /conv 150 default is 200

fact is in ww2 150 was still pretty far, its not easy to shoot someone down.

Get as close as possible and find wat conv suits you.

Ii made this mistake a lot still do sometimes.

just before your lined up with em hold that trigger till every shot is hitting int he same spot.

Hey ark. How about that bombing run to england last night? LOL.

Anyway, its not shooting them down thats the problem. It's outmanuerving them. I can never get on their ass. No one. Unless they havn't saw me or are target fixated. But if Im flying along and come head to head with a Spirtifre at 3k...I don't know what to do!

I turn, barrel rolls, whatever...I just...suck.

I need 1-on-1 lessons bad.

• 3 months later...

LtSpear5 im a novice in the air i can fly and understand flight mechanics but i have trouble shooting planes i would like to request Allied training for combat flight i play most nights 9 to 2ish pacific time. i have x52 and tarckir4. I alos play with teamspeak3 in covert ops squad. If anyone can help me please pm me asap thank you

• 2 weeks later...

A2A (allies) Vonhelm

Online 7pm GMT to 11pm GMT.

Will be online today (26-02-12) from 12pm GMT to 8pm GMT

Need help with trim, aiming.

Many thanks in advance

Vonhelm

• 1 month later...

Hey, complete pilot noob here!

Title says it all, I can fly the 110 and strafe, using mouse and keyboard, but can't dogfight what so ever. Flying isn't the hard part, it's the combat part that screws me up. I can't fly strait, don't know how to trim or anything, and the 109 is really getting on my nerves. Getting a proper joystick in a week or so, so any pilot training after that would help me out a lot. Particularly the combat techniques of the 109, and how to easily "boom and zoom" those spits and hawks. I usually play from 9pm to 11om MST, Mountain Standard Time. Sometimes earlier, sometimes later, but that's my usual. Hope that someone can help me out seeing as how I always either crash or get shot down. Thanks in advanced.

• B2K unpinned this topic