Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

Training Request - Air - Post Here!

CHKICKER

Sorry guys - the new CRS guy, Xoom, dissolved the Training Corps about a month or 2 ago, so you are sh!t out of luck and on your own now. Maybe you could find a squad who has a good pilot in it who will take time from blowing stuff up to teach you?

Or maybe you could ask Xoom to teach you. He seems to like expanding his domain, so maybe since he eliminated the trainers he will take over their duties too?

But I think you would be better off to try to find a good pilot to teach you. Good luck... in this game most of them just salivate at the thought of fresh n00bie meat, so it is in their interest to keep the competition down and not teach anybody. *lol*

Sorry guys - the new CRS guy, Xoom, dissolved the Training Corps about a month or 2 ago, so you are sh!t out of luck and on your own now. Maybe you could find a squad who has a good pilot in it who will take time from blowing stuff up to teach you?

Or maybe you could ask Xoom to teach you. He seems to like expanding his domain, so maybe since he eliminated the trainers he will take over their duties too?

But I think you would be better off to try to find a good pilot to teach you. Good luck... in this game most of them just salivate at the thought of fresh n00bie meat, so it is in their interest to keep the competition down and not teach anybody. *lol*

I think Xoom will allow it,

I suggest all recruits pm Xoom, he will be happy to assist from what i believe

• 2 months later...

MadMachs. Need Level Bombing and A2A refining. I don't have a usual playtime, but will comply with trainer's schedule. I am in EST zone.

!S

• 1 month later...

I play axis Seems like e1 is complete junk be nice if i pay for the game i could fly the better planes. Also how to hit the plane pit but never get kills it always get me. That one also the armor being paper thin and one stream will destroy you. allies have it nice and tuff rank1 cannons and all that easy stuff. NICE TO {PLAY AXIS air.

Yeah I need help with flying, combat, setup and all that.. I'm new to flying and playing ww2 online and I really need some help with air combat/flying, I'm usually on saturday morning, sunday morning/afternoon, monday afternoon.... Pleas I would really like some help with this!

• 1 month later...

Well..low level bombing with the 111 i know the bombsight needs to be pulled all the way back but since i had a bit long break i cant remeber what the Ias is set to ? anyone know etc post or pm me

Well..low level bombing with the 111 i know the bombsight needs to be pulled all the way back but since i had a bit long break i cant remeber what the Ias is set to ? anyone know etc post or pm me

http://wiki.wwiionline.com/mediawiki/index.php/Level_bombing

Minimum and maximum bombing altitudes

The ingame bombsight has a lowest and a highest altitude setting: 3000 ft (900 m) and 18000 ft (6000 m). Accurate bombing below the lowest setting is possible, though it requires a separate calculation, using the formula below:

• For every 250 feet you drop below minimum bomb sight settings set the IAS value in the top left corner of the screen to the value shown on your planes gauges + 10 mph.

• For every 100 meters you drop below minimum bomb sight settings set the IAS value in the top left corner of the screen to the value shown on your planes gauges + 21 km/h.

Example: Assuming that you are flying a Havoc, that the altitude of your target is 500 feet above sea level and that you will bomb from an altitude of 3000 feet indicated (ASL). Thus your real altitude over the target is 2500 feet (AGL) – but the minimum altitude settings for the Havoc's bomb sight is 3000 feet! Compensate for the 500 feet altitude difference by manipulating your IAS setting: your airspeed indicator reads 220 mph, therefore you set the IAS value to 240 mph (i.e. 220 + 20) using the "Home" and "End" keys. Your sights now show where your bombs will land.

Bombing from a higher altitude than the maximum setting is possible but impractical as it is quite difficult to sight the target from above 18000 ft. You may however want to cruise at higher altitude for reasons of security, but you must then let down to a steady speed and altitude well before you reach your Initial Point.

This quoted above would mean you do not pull the sight in any direction, meaning it needs to be centered to aim properly.

• 1 month later...

I would not like training from any one, I prefer to learn by myself as a keen IL-2 Player ;)

However I have a question, My bombardier and myself seam to have a problem when trying to bomb, we drop our bombs ok when we try to level or dive bomb but we don't see explosion what so ever, we even had a spitfire follow on behind us and he didn't see any contacts.

I am quite new to the game (Lvl 4 Infantry, lvl 2 navy and still a recruit in Airforce: Allied)

Any help?

Yeah I need help with flying' date=' combat, setup and all that.. I'm new to flying and playing ww2 online and I really need some help with air combat/flying, I'm usually on saturday morning, sunday morning/afternoon, monday afternoon.... Pleas I would really like some help with this![/quote']

hello and nice to see ne guy here... i can teach you to fly a fighter but i really dont know when im online in your time... so... if you see me in game you will get help by typing pm to me... type .m tomppeli or if im on ith my second account tomppeli2k... to know when im logging in... you have to add me to friend list type /friend (then my ingame name like tomppeli)

see you on the field!

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

consider this my request for help, would like a2a and bombing...

new player just learning but I can fly without crashing...just that pesky shooting me down thing!

• 4 weeks later...

I'm just learning how to fly fighters properly by myself. There are some really nice tutorial videos at youtube from a guy called hyoslvrscott. I have only seen him showing axis planes. I would recommend to start with combat maneuvering and he also has videos about weapon convergence and lead shots etc.

It really helped me a lot. Since in game there would also just be one guy showing you what to do, it is roughly the same with these videos though you can not ask particular questions.

https://www.youtube.com/user/hyoslvrscott/videos?sort=dd&shelf_id=0&view=0

• 2 months later...

Hi,

I would really like to get some training in first of all just flying.

Normal play time Between 6-11 Pm GMT +2.

I am Ncha.

Thanks

• 10 months later...

Could use some fighter training. Usually play weekends / weeknights 8pm-12am EST. Thanks!

-EZeight65

Edited by ezeight65

Could use some fighter training. Usually play weekends / weeknights 8pm-12am EST. Thanks!

-EZeight65

S! Get on TS down at the bottom ZULU ch there is someone on most the time. Any of these guys will help best they can, great group.

I would not like training from any one, I prefer to learn by myself as a keen IL-2 Player ;)

However I have a question, My bombardier and myself seam to have a problem when trying to bomb, we drop our bombs ok when we try to level or dive bomb but we don't see explosion what so ever, we even had a spitfire follow on behind us and he didn't see any contacts.

I am quite new to the game (Lvl 4 Infantry, lvl 2 navy and still a recruit in Airforce: Allied)

Any help?

If you jetison you sometimes will not see your bombs hit. If you jetison, someone else will not see your bombs hit, ie trailing pilot.

I have been playing almost 2 months. I love to fly, but getting a bit discouraged. I need to learn how to fly. I have trouble tracking my target.

Anadarko usually 8 to 10 pm central time on weekdays. About the same on weekends.

• 3 months later...

I've really come to realize that with the German planes, you need rudder pedals in this game (playing offline, the allied planes don't seem to stall as much). I have found that by using the yaw on my joystick, I was accidentally applying rudder in my rolls and turns, resulting in a fair about of drag... sapping my energy.

Try this, with you rudder bound to the yaw on your joystick, try a bunch of scissors. There is a strong chance you will stall out. Next, while flying, unbind your rudders from the joystick yaw, and try the scissors again. you probably won't stall. Trying to control all the 3 axes with one stick, makes it difficult to isolate rudder input.

Edited by redoak84

I've really come to realize that with the German planes, you need rudder pedals in this game (playing offline, the allied planes don't seem to stall as much). I have found that by using the yaw on my joystick, I was accidentally applying rudder in my rolls and turns, resulting in a fair about of drag... sapping my energy.

Try this, with you rudder bound to the yaw on your joystick, try a bunch of scissors. There is a strong chance you will stall out. Next, while flying, unbind your rudders from the joystick yaw, and try the scissors again. you probably won't stall. Trying to control all the 3 axes with one stick, makes it difficult to isolate rudder input.

If you're using Windows, you can go into the USB joystick calibration and set just a bit of dead zone to the rudder/twist. That should eliminate the problem as well as the bit of accidental rudder input from pitch as well. When your arm rotates from your shoulder joint, you have a bit of lateral movement. That can't be helped. That means your hand has to twist just slightly to keep holding onto the joystick. You have to calibrate to allow for that.

-Irish

• 4 months later...

I need some air training. I am new to the game so you could say I am a newbie, that needs to learn everything. My online name is johnny429 and I am online weekdays from 11:00am to 2:00pm central time in the U.S.I am online weekends between 2:00 pm and 5:00 pm central time U.S. I also am flexable on what ties I can get online.

Also I play on a laptop and don't have a number pad...Is that a problem?

• 2 weeks later...

Number pads aren't necessary, but they do give you more keys which you can program for commands.  You should be able to get a cheap USB external number pad.  Failing that, you could always get a USB keyboard with a built-in number pad, and use that in front of your laptop.  Both my sons run laptops with external monitors, mice, and keyboards.  The built-in laptop screens are used as secondary displays.

-Irish

I'm a green tag looking to greatly improve my ALLIED dog-fighting and bombing chops -- available most weekends (all day) and weeknights starting at 6pm EST.  Thnx.

MaDeuce

Edited by madeuce65

• 1 month later...

I don't know how to fly and that's why i need help.

Allied side.

Most of the time on ts channel.

And i have no joystick :(

please if someone give training tell me !

weekends and some times working days it really depends~!

Edited by faceman109

• B2K unpinned this topic