Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

Feedback - Extreme FPS Loss through binocs #3782

Bacon55

i saw an ever so small improvement by tweaking my nvidia 3d settings. note, fps is still awful in many/most zoomed looking at foliage situations but this is what i did.

set "max pre-rendered frames" to 0

set triple buffering to enabled

i gained maybe 2 fps doing that but still drop to 10-14 depending on how many trees i'm zoomed in on.

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bacon55

• GOPHUR

• hick

• ghostrider

Top Posters In This Topic

I had huge fps loss similar to everyone else when looking through any sort of magnification device, binocs, tank optics, commanders bino's. Running a 9800 gts vid card. Also, infantry do not appear to sit on tanks correctly, they are riding on air, and they don't show as being aboard the tank.

My fps drops, too when using binocs. I have 9800 GTX and I noticed how almost everyone affected thus far seem to have nVidia based card.

Edited by pumpkat

The trees are drawn with shaders and it could be some kind of performance kink with nvidia. One thing that does change when you look with binocs, more trees are drawn at high resolution instead of only the nearby ones in a normal view.

FWIW, I am not seeing this on my system. If anything, I am noticing a slight FPS increase. I have tested this with inf, veh and atgs.

ATI Radeon 5970 (x2), 10.2 Cats

Windows 7 64-bit

• Registered Users

Binos and looking at trees is killin my fps now as well Gophur.

GeForce 260GTX 196.34 version driver.

v 1.31.0.26

GeForce 9500 GT

I've noticed that I lose about half my frames when comparing the views: buildings to trees, regardless of distance. However, zooming in kills frames(single digit FPS). Further, I've noticed that the new tree berms (stumps and logs) are the worst offenders. I lose the most when looking at them. Well over 1/2 my FPS as compared to say a new large church.

I have this problem too. My fans go to full speed when I use binocs. I have here a GeForce GTS 250.

Me too but does it in the current live version as well. Just wondering if the black around the zoom circle is causing it?

I have the same issue in .26. Looking through binos drops my FPS by at least half, often more.

Windows 7 64bit

GF 8800 GTS

NVIDIA GeForce 9400 GT

Interesting side note - Tiger spotting scope was especially bad while the main gun-sight was ok.

I am just really not seeing this on my rig. (9800GT)

Sure I get some reduced frames from looking at high res trees with all the bells and whistles turned on. It does seem more pronounced through binos than if I walked right up to the tree but nothing bringing me to teens fps numbers.

Ticketed anyway for a look. #3782

well, in high Q i managed 40 fps (same as 1.30) outside town, and 10s in town.

Didn't notice any difference with bino's (ATI 4650) :)

Does not happen for me either on mac with 4870. It sure looks like NVidia is choking on something.

I am just really not seeing this on my rig. (9800GT)

Sure I get some reduced frames from looking at high res trees with all the bells and whistles turned on. It does seem more pronounced through binos than if I walked right up to the tree but nothing bringing me to teens fps numbers.

Ticketed anyway for a look. #3782

Could you list your graphics settings?

Perhaps we can nail this down to some setting we have on or off.

No settings on the driver...ever.

Game settings set to high quality, save, exit restart.

My first guess is you guys are probably forcing FSAA or something on the card but that's a guess.

The coders tell me this is a fill rate issue for older cards and I tend to believe them but not sure.

My first guess is you guys are probably forcing FSAA or something on the card but that's a guess.

The coders tell me this is a fill rate issue for older cards and I tend to believe them but not sure.

GTX 260, not an older card.

All settings are basically application controlled for me.

I tried nearly every combination of settings in the drivers and game, nothing eliminated the massive drop in FPS when using binocs and looking at something in the distance.

There is no reason my rig should be running slowly, it kicks the living crap out of ArmaII with a 4000m view distance, full of vehicles. The fact this is isolated to Nvidia cards pretty much means it has to be some compatibility issue.

Edited by Bacon55

GTX 260, not an older card.

All settings are basically application controlled for me.

It's not old, it's ancient!

Why then ati cards of comparable or (lesser!) performance NOT suffer from this drop? Doubt the fill rate on 8800GTS is less then on my lowly radeon 4830.

nvidia 7600.. same problem.. but only when im looking at the new thick trees.

Why then ati cards of comparable or (lesser!) performance NOT suffer from this drop? Doubt the fill rate on 8800GTS is less then on my lowly radeon 4830.

No, the fillrate is not lower, but the 8800GTS has a shader power of about half of the 4830.

Edited by lutorm