Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

Feedback - Extreme FPS Loss through binocs #3782

Bacon55

ATI 5770 Here

Extreme FPS drop for me as well.

Over a hundred above the sky, then down to 10 looking at the trees.

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bacon55

• GOPHUR

• hick

• ghostrider

Top Posters In This Topic

ATI 5770 Here

Ok this is interesting now.

ATI card (haven't seen any with this problem w/ ATI), and it's the latest generation.

Something is clearly awry here.

Maybe something to do with LODs/self shaders?

There's been a change in the last few patches.

With 1.31.0.31 I got about 120 FPS with binos and 75 without, now with .35 I got about 95 with binos and 70 without.

There's been a change in the last few patches.

With 1.31.0.31 I got about 120 FPS with binos and 75 without, now with .35 I got about 95 with binos and 70 without.

Yeah something has to have changed. Game was running basically smooth before .33 now its slow as long as trees are around.

I wonder if this might have something to do with triple buffering?

I've had this weirdness ever since the game went to D3D, on my 6800 years ago, my 7800, and now with my GTX 260's.

Triple buffering is NOT turned on for D3D applications in the drivers, that ONLY works for OpenGL on virtually all Nvidia cards.

There is a program called D3D overrider that forces triple buffering and Vsync, but it doesn't work with WWIIOL for whatever reason.

For example, trees in Just Cause 2 would make the game slow to a crawl for me on max graphics, CUDA water processing. Using D3D overrider I can do max graphics and have the CUDA water, and it runs smooth as glass no matter what's going on.

This could very well be a buffering issue - one that's been around for a long time and is made worse but the updated graphics.

For example, trees in Just Cause 2 would make the game slow to a crawl for me on max graphics, CUDA water processing. Using D3D overrider I can do max graphics and have the CUDA water, and it runs smooth as glass no matter what's going on.

cs.

Hah really? My ATi card burns through SSAO like nothing different is going on in Just cause 2.

But its probably that bad a@# water making you lag, I don't get to see it on a Ati card : \

I wonder if this might have something to do with triple buffering?

I've had this weirdness ever since the game went to D3D, on my 6800 years ago, my 7800, and now with my GTX 260's.

Triple buffering is NOT turned on for D3D applications in the drivers, that ONLY works for OpenGL on virtually all Nvidia cards.

There is a program called D3D overrider that forces triple buffering and Vsync, but it doesn't work with WWIIOL for whatever reason.

This could very well be a buffering issue - one that's been around for a long time and is made worse but the updated graphics.

WWII Online is OpenGL, not D3D. Has been for a while now.

Hah really? My ATi card burns through SSAO like nothing different is going on in Just cause 2.

But its probably that bad a@# water making you lag, I don't get to see it on a Ati card : \

Nothing lags now when I force triple threading.

I can run everything max, the water looks spectacular. The game would be much crappier without it.

WWII Online is OpenGL' date=' not D3D. Has been for a while now.[/quote']

I thought they converted from OpenGL TO D3D?

The game uses OpenGL for both Mac and PC, but PC Audio is DirectX and OpenAL on the Mac.

Note that on Windows7 OpenGL is implemented on top (sort of) of D3D.

The game uses OpenGL for both Mac and PC, but PC Audio is DirectX and OpenAL on the Mac.

Note that on Windows7 OpenGL is implemented on top (sort of) of D3D.

hah maybe that why when i use my D3D stereo glasses on this game, i end up with a view outside the tank when i use the gunner.(pretty good for seeing sappers on your tank, ought to fix that btw, pretty hilarious error)

Used to work flawless with the old stereo glasses, think 1.18 or 1.17 was when i started having problems with them.

right before the "new" water came out and shader model 1.4 had problems.

Nothing lags now when I force triple threading.

I can run everything max, the water looks spectacular. The game would be much crappier without it.

Triple buffering?

Man want to see your computer look like a piece of crap? try metro 2033.. i get 18-29fps on max settings.

but that games designed for Sli GTX400 series specifically.

DX11 and tessellation on that game is simply amazing, looks alot better then what the unigene benchmark tessellation. not to mention soft model displacement mapping

DX11 ray tracing is fun to mess with to.

Edited by indo420

ATI 5770 Here

Not to be a smarty pants but DUH Jizz. Drawing stuff will decrease your frames.

That said this is in no way a binos issue, this is a fill rate issue. You can get similar results standing in a bush.

We spent the morning looking at this, no conclusion yet but we did find a lot of texture memory savings in the trees.

hah maybe that why when i use my D3D stereo glasses on this game, i end up with a view outside the tank when i use the gunner.(pretty good for seeing sappers on your tank, ought to fix that btw, pretty hilarious error)

Used to work flawless with the old stereo glasses, think 1.18 or 1.17 was when i started having problems with them.

right before the "new" water came out and shader model 1.4 had problems.

Triple buffering?

Man want to see your computer look like a piece of crap? try metro 2033.. i get 18-29fps on max settings.

but that games designed for Sli GTX400 series specifically.

DX11 and tessellation on that game is simply amazing, looks alot better then what the unigene benchmark tessellation. not to mention soft model displacement mapping

DX11 ray tracing is fun to mess with to.

I can't run DX11, but Metro 2033 ran spectacularly at full graphics. Tesselation was done with the CPU, almost maxed it, but it looked great. I couldn't tell the difference between the pictures of DX11 and my screen.

I have 2 GTX260s, 9Gb or RAM at 1523MHz, and a 920 at 3.8GHz it'll be awhile before it's crap.

That said this is in no way a binos issue, this is a fill rate issue. You can get similar results standing in a bush.

We spent the morning looking at this, no conclusion yet but we did find a lot of texture memory savings in the trees.

It has to be software though, and how it interacts with drivers, and hardware.

Because the stats for these cards indicate they should be able to run circles around, say a GTS 250, in terms of fillrate, however how they are interacting with the software is different.

Maybe having the GTS 250s run so well and GTX 260 and 285s run so poorly is reason enough for Nvidia to help you? Perhaps they can identify differences in the driver and hardware structure and that could lead to a fix either driver side or game software side?

Thats great and all, but i am saying this is a new issue for me from .33 on.

Prior to that i never had a problem.

Even if i just didn't notice, i don't think my card would get swallowed by the trees here, Its not like i don't have enough ram :-)

Are the rats soliciting feedback on general performance yet or is it too early?

Cause I just downloaded the beta and the fps regularly dip below what I consider playable (sub 25) in offline mode with the performance option (low candy) settings. That's on a new PC that exceeds minimum specs.

Edited by intrigue

Gophur,

i just noticed something in offline mode pertaining to this. may or may not help. i was in a DAC just sitting on the sw hill in arlon, looking north at the cluster of trees through the #2 zoomed. as soon as i look at the trees, bam, fps hit plus i practically jump from all the way nw to all the way ne with no smoothness in between. i decided i would try pressing f10 to change the view distance. sure enough as i got closer in from max, the effect was less. when i got so close that i couldnt even see the trees, i had no lag/ frame rate issue at all.

could it be a render problem?

Are the rats soliciting feedback on general performance yet or is it too early?

Cause I just downloaded the beta and the fps regularly dip below what I consider playable (sub 25) in offline mode with the performance option (low candy) settings. That's on a new PC that exceeds minimum specs.

Thats why i don't except the answer that it is just filtrate and our comps suck.,

Because mine far exceeds minimums as well. If thats the case, the mins need to be upped.

Or am i jumping the anger gun here?

It really doesn't matter what we wish to be the case.

If you run the game at 320 x 240 you get no frame rate loss. This indicates a fill rate issue.

It happens on every card so that means it is a software not a hardware issue.

It really doesn't matter what we wish to be the case.

If you run the game at 320 x 240 you get no frame rate loss. This indicates a fill rate issue.

It happens on every card so that means it is a software not a hardware issue.

I want to see this game at 320x240 :D