Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

Feedback - CTD on spawn #4248

rubbish

Posted on gophur's thread, see there for 1.31.1.1, but now on the live server, im beginning to have those CTDs even after being spwned...

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GOPHUR

• branko

• gagamel

• ubermicro

All low memory does is not preload a bunch of things that you will likely need to load later.

Well my dear Gophur it improves stability if it is selected.

MORE Low Memory Testing

Have to say this has improved the issue a great deal for me ... That said, I think I may have found something (else?) ...

Played for 5 hours today/tonight ... With Low Memory selected ...

* On load game was at 740MB usage

* Selected Army Persona and spawned in and out twice - Game was at 870MB

* Switched to NAVY FLag ... Did NOT spawn in ... Went back to Army ... Game was at 1300MB (switched via Right-Click on Town both times)

* Spawned in for 10+ missions (Army) all with no problem, memory crept up a little but not above 1400MB

* Eventually CTD on spawn in (I had a little white-out pause the spawn before, so I knew it was coming) ... But had over 5 hours of stable play ... Including 2 inf unit types and some truck driving ...

Thoughts

1. Low memory definately improves stability for me ... I wouldn't get three missons, before a CTD, without it

2. I will test the Navy Switch again (later) ...

Cheers.

Im randomly getting CTD's on spawning and despawning only.

CPU: Intel Core2 i7 920 2.66Ghz Quad Core

RAM: 6GB

GPU: Nvidia GTX 275

Ctd every time I go from Brit to French and visa versa, random ctd's on exiting mission.

Win Vista Ultima 64 bit

Intel 6700 quad core 2.67ghz

6 gig ram

soundblaster Xtreme gamer

XFX Nvidia 9800 GX2 card 1gig ram

Also this does not happen on my laptop.

Win Vista Home Premium 32 bit

Intel core2 duo 2.80 ghz

3gig ram

realtek hi-def sound

Nvidia 9600M 512 ram

Edited by greg56

So everyone who has posted is running Win7 or Vista. 32bit and 64bit. All of you are long term players it look like as well.

I'm gonna go way out on a limb here.

Are you running compatibility mode left over from say 1.30?

So everyone who has posted is running Win7 or Vista. 32bit and 64bit. All of you are long term players it look like as well.

Will check when I get home from work.... GOPHUR is it your recommendation that no compatibility modes are used?

You tell me.

I just formatted and reinstalled 1.30 on new disk some 3 weeks before patch if that helps in anyway.

In danish :)

--------------------

Komp.jpg

Should we be running in Win 7 native mode now?

Yeah native mode but you probably don't have to change anything since setting compatibility mode on ww2.exe in 1.30 would have done nothing.

Still, don't run compatibility mode in 1.31.

Yeah native mode but you probably don't have to change anything since setting compatibility mode on ww2.exe in 1.30 would have done nothing.

Still, don't run compatibility mode in 1.31.

GOPHUR, Just curious if your team is able to recreate the constant CTD some of us are having?

So far everyone have been running on Nvidia from 8000 to 200 series. I should be recieving a new ATI 5858 tommorow, and should with that be able to conclude if its gfx card/Nvidia related.

For some reason the compatibility selection is greyed out in both my BE shorcut on my desktop and the exe file. Its stuck on Vista service pack 2 compatability. I can select it on all my other shorcuts.

Any ideas?. Ill have to google around.

Windows 7 64bit

Even though I uninstalled (BETA and 1.30) before a full reinstall, I was running in Windows-Vista SP1 compatibility mode (isn't Microsoft great!).

(I wonder how many people are running in compatability mode, given it will stick unless you explicitly turn it off?)

I'll switch that off and do a bit of testing today.

Navy Switch

Tried this again last night, did NOT have the same affect on memory usage, so I think that switching Profiles is a red-herring.

However, once more I was able to play for 4 hours straight without CTDs using the Low-Memory option.

I don't know what, but it is definately having some affect, Gopher.

game ran great for me ....... untill last patch ..........

I had Been playing 1.31 (think it was fine) , untill the patch today (the autopatcher)

now everytime I log into a french unit - truck/inf/gun my comp crash's to desktop , and shows all nations "locked" on relog forcing me to relog/reload again ((but CAN play as french armor -well at least woverine dont crash me))

XP , 3200 amd athlon 64 , 2gig ram , Nvidia Geforce 7300 GT vid card

just uninstalled comp reboot and full reinstall , and now the game works , perhaps fragmentation or corruption is the issue

Edited by mangl

Compatability Mode

I switched off compatability mode (on playgate and ww2.exe).

I switched OFF "Low Memory Mode"

Played for 5 hours without a single CTD (trucks and inf, both British and French).

So it seems that switching off the old compatability mode has fixed it for me

Note: Even though I uninstalled everything before installing 1.31 my compatability mode was still set from 1.29 ... So you might just want to check.

(Looks like that might have been a good guess, Gopher ;)

Gagamel,

No (sadly, I guess) you are not running in compatability mode (so no need to play around with it).

If you wanted to run in compatability mode (which you don't, I don't think) then you would need to check the box at the top and then select a mode from the drop-down list.

Gagamel,

No (sadly, I guess) you are not running in compatability mode (so no need to play around with it).

If you wanted to run in compatability mode (which you don't, I don't think) then you would need to check the box at the top and then select a mode from the drop-down list.

Cc thx. Guss i can rule that out as the cause.

Ill have to put my money on it being a Nvidia related issue. Recieved my ATI 5850 today, so will try running game on that later. Will post results.

GOPHUR' date=' Just curious if your team is able to recreate the constant CTD some of us are having?[/quote']

No. no one here has reported this. Bloo had something similar and the l;ow memory option fixed it for him but now he plays with low memory off and has no issues.

So far everyone have been running on Nvidia from 8000 to 200 series. I should be recieving a new ATI 5858 tommorow' date=' and should with that be able to conclude if its gfx card/Nvidia related.[/quote']

That would be a hell of a good thing.

No. no one here has reported this. Bloo had something similar and the l;ow memory option fixed it for him but now he plays with low memory off and has no issues.

Good to know, I was gonna try flipping that setting back. Almost seems like a network congestion issue which would be expected with all the patch downloads occurring at the same time (are the patch servers located on the same network as the game servers even?). Would also explain why you're not likely to experience it at rat hq.

Cc thx. Guss i can rule that out as the cause.

Ill have to put my money on it being a Nvidia related issue. Recieved my ATI 5850 today, so will try running game on that later. Will post results.

Im extremely sry to say it didnt work. Had CTD on spawn in every 5th spawn at different towns and units in offline mode just now :/ Hope you nail it!!

XFX ATI5850 with latest drivers fyi.