Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

Matilda 8 days camp: 1839 kills dead 159

enemytank

4 hours ago, egilen said:

In the present environment the Matty shines. Then as the tiers advance there won’t be another shining Allied light until the Firefly enters the stage. So enjoy and suffer depending.....:)

BS

pan  dak stu   sherm ( ye s i love  teh  "lowly sherm" can take a huge beating  when hull down)  m10   76    churhchill 7 ( i love the  t  more then the  tiger  but the   need to be ther nNOW croud hate to drive) etc etc etc 

sorry  not having a unit that can kill with impunity  does not make the other units  not  good or even great, jsut shows a person hwo only wants easy mode.

4 minutes ago, foe2 said:

They are already know about Kempi and have been since the armour fix. Tex sent me a whole 19 page document for sapping the matty that was produced after the armour fix., which has been on the wiki since December.  

It was my way of making sure this un-killable tank is still killable :D 

On 1/17/2021 at 6:29 AM, bus0 said:

stop comparing it to the Tiger...

A single 109 with bombs tracked my Matty out of town and took me out of action...

And you do have a lot of fantasy 109's flying.

1839 to 189  I do not  "feel our pain for dying once to a 109 when you have ove  a   10 to  one kill  .... solets take axis  aiblty to trakc them now??? what after that, lets  make 88  blow up eery time they  shoot within 3 k of a  matty? hjow aboyt  we   can  oly sap then on top??? were axis cannnot reach?

2 minutes ago, drkmouse said:

can  oly sap then on top??? were axis cannnot reach?

You can flame a matty from the rear! 

45 minutes ago, Kempi said:

Ok after some testing here is what I found.

Maybe Sapper Guide needs updating to reflect on the changes?

matti2.png

Did you test live campaign or test server?

Cause on test server I found spots that do absolutely nothing in live campaign server.

10 minutes ago, Dre21 said:

Did you test live campaign or test server?

Cause on test server I found spots that do absolutely nothing in live campaign server.

Interesting I did this in Training server not the test server. Live and Training are running the same client, I can not see how this would effect the core mechanics of damage models? 

Also I would love to test this in live but that would be breaking some pretty big game rules. 

Edited by Kempi

9 minutes ago, Kempi said:

Interesting I did this in Training server not the test server. Live and Training are running the same client, I can not see how this would effect the core mechanics of damage models? 

Also I would love to test this in live but that would be breaking some pretty big game rules. 

I also think there is a difference between the campaign server and the test server....

2 minutes ago, burier said:

I also think there is a difference between the campaign server and the test server....

Test server has it's own version, live and training are running the current public version. There should be no difference in how things work other than spawn rules. 

I am sure CRS can confirm this.

2 hours ago, Kempi said:

matti2.png

frontal no success ???

haha ... wouldnt surprise me ... unless you are able to get a direct hit on that little main gun

Just now, undercova said:

frontal no success ???

haha ... wouldnt surprise me ... unless you are able to get a direct hit on that little main gun

Honestly I did not try front I know you can kill the gun frontal easily, you can even do that from the side of the turret with a heat charge.

• CORNERED RAT

The training (what most people call test), and live server run the same versions.  There may be brief periods of difference around patch time as we leave the training server up on the 'current' version, while the new is applied to live.  Then drop the training server and apply the update. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Kempi said:

matti2.png

there are 2 more spots to kill the matilda
saw in the topic posted by the player kareca.

im not finding it now.

14 minutes ago, burier said:

there are 2 more spots to kill the matilda
saw in the topic posted by the player kareca.

im not finding it now.

I am sure there are more, I just wanted to post my findings on trying different spots :) 

I did not see the Matty Guide until after.

10 hours ago, Kempi said:

You can flame a matty from the rear! 

and  yet allies   complin non sotp  about having to have ot flank a   tiger...

sorry, but  only form rear and  matty fas t turret one shot kills stug b and   b the dk proves i tout

2 minutes ago, drkmouse said:

and  yet allies   complin non sotp  about having to have ot flank a   tiger...

I have never complained about the tiger, I just shoot out the gun and disable it.

*** I have never complained about the tiger, I just shoot out the gun and disable it.

Of course, tiger has glass gun;  never see allied tank guns get disabled.

Can count another axis player almost gone.

Sheer stupidity 90% of the map is brit towns.

Every town taken goes brit.

• Like 1

The sappers  spots on the back near the tracks are kill spots for atgs as well.

i have tested wit pak26 up to 250 meters

I did a test on training server and game server  all are the same!

2 hours ago, delems said:

*** I have never complained about the tiger, I just shoot out the gun and disable it.

Of course, tiger has glass gun;  never see allied tank guns get disabled.

Can count another axis player almost gone.

75% MIN tonw   need to be  french, why  do yo rats NO ENFORCE THAT??? i

it is ok to reset  map when alies have probmel  never seen it reset when axis.

2 hours ago, Kempi said:

I have never complained about the tiger, I just shoot out the gun and disable it.

your   qann squad does  every time  matty is brougth up

6 hours ago, delems said:

This is one change that was made a very long time ago that I still don't really understand.  Personally, I'd like to see where the map has to be a 50/50 kind of thing between Brit and French flags.  Have said that ever since this change was put in place.

1 hour ago, dwalin said:

This is one change that was made a very long time ago that I still don't really understand.  Personally, I'd like to see where the map has to be a 50/50 kind of thing between Brit and French flags.  Have said that ever since this change was put in place.

That's cause they don't like the French equipment,  might as well leave the French off next map , what difference does it make .

@Kempi 

8 hours ago, Kempi said:

Well that's the issue Tiger gun goes broke in a heart beat , you don't want to know how many direct hits I scored on a Matilda gun with HEAT, AP and HE rounds just for him to keep shooting at close range too. While one hit from a M10 or S76 or make things worse S75 from well their capability of penetrating the Tiger will take the gun out.

Best time to test stuff I was told is during intermission. 

I tried to Satchel a Matilda in live campaign twice at a spot that made it blow up every single time when I tried it on Training server . In live campaign it definitely not blow up like it did in training. Now I don't try that spot anymore. 

But still we would like an answer that Njord88 asked where did that hole go on the right side of the turret as it was there in real life , if that was the maybe the supposed Armor leak.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dre21 said:

While one hit from a M10 or S76

It works both ways, one hit in a s76 or an m10 and its game over not just the guns taken out but usually the crew are dead.

That is why Allied Tankers work in packs as a team, it is the only way for us to have a chance in tier 2 and 3.

Edited by Kempi

5 hours ago, dwalin said:

British presence is over represented in this game.  In the pre-USA tiers France should be the dominate allied power. When the US enters the US should be the dominate allied power.  Should always be a 55-60 % bias for the dominate power. The UK should only have a 35-40% share of front line at most.

What might be best is pull all tanks out of garrisons and make 15 or so armoured brigades that can be moved around to spearhead attacks.     The Matilda is not the problem, it is its presence in every British town.  Likewise the Tiger.

• Guest locked this topic