Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

Matilda 8 days camp: 1839 kills dead 159

enemytank

Just now, blakeh said:

The Matilda is not the problem, it is its presence in every British town.  Likewise the Tiger.

Sorry dude, but the maty is the problem in  the start of the map! Look at this stiruation, if a tiger is in a alied city, alieds have zooks, sappers, airplanes, about 5 types of tanks that can kill a tiger, and atgs

If a maty is on a axis city, we only have sapper, and is almost impossible to kill a maty with bombs..

the allies will win this map only because of equipment and because of a alied players without morale (a  specific Alied player who kills everyone in a bunker with a rifle, lost  so many bunkers because of him, the amount of .reports on him must be giant)

look at this map, alied are simply puting the matys in the abs, we honesty cant kill a maty no more and i know the sapper spots.... its impossible to defend or atack a citys that has a matys and db7 flying ...

if it’s just one or two people complaining it’s not the game’s fault, but the way it’s something very wrong.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, njord88 said:

Sorry dude, but the maty is the problem in  the start of the map! Look at this stiruation, if a tiger is in a alied city, alieds have zooks, sappers, airplanes, about 5 types of tanks that can kill a tiger, and atgs

If a maty is on a axis city, we only have sapper, and is almost impossible to kill a maty with bombs..

the allies will win this map only because of equipment and because of a alied players without morale (a  specific Alied player who kills everyone in a bunker with a rifle, lost  so many bunkers because of him, the amount of .reports on him must be giant)

look at this map, alied are simply puting the matys in the abs, we honesty cant kill a maty no more and i know the sapper spots.... its impossible to defend or atack a citys that has a matys and db7 flying ...

if it’s just one or two people complaining it’s not the game’s fault, but the way it’s something very wrong.

sorry - in real life the  matty was a better tank than anything the Germans had and the pak-36 and ATR could not kill it.  Only the 88 could deal with it.  And in real life there were no sappers.

What saved the Germans was that it was not deployed in very great numbers.  Not enough to make a difference.  In our game, the matty is provided in enough numbers to make a difference.  

So the large number of UK towns with mattys is the problem.   Reduce the number of mattys to a historical reality.  

However what might be useful is a lower profile truck deployed 88 mm.  Have a truck that can drive out and deploy a basic 88mm mounted on a simple low profile non-mobile gun mount.  The truck despawns and the driver becomes the 88mm crew.  The 88 cannot move again. Despawn would always be an RTB.  The current 88 is slow and huge and an easy target.  The HT that needs to pull it gives it away long before it can be deployed.   An opel deployed 88 would give the axis a faster option.

Just now, blakeh said:

sorry - in real life the  matty was a better tank than anything the Germans had and the pak-36 and ATR could not kill it.  Only the 88 could deal with it.  And in real life there were no sappers.

What saved the Germans was that it was not deployed in very great numbers.  Not enough to make a difference.  In our game, the matty is provided in enough numbers to make a difference.  

So the large number of UK towns with mattys is the problem.   Reduce the number of mattys to a historical reality.  

However what might be useful is a lower profile truck deployed 88 mm.  Have a truck that can drive out and deploy a basic 88mm mounted on a simple low profile non-mobile gun mount.  The truck despawns and the driver becomes the 88mm crew.  The 88 cannot move again. Despawn would always be an RTB.  The current 88 is slow and huge and an easy target.  The HT that needs to pull it gives it away long before it can be deployed.   An opel deployed 88 would give the axis a faster option.

u guys need to stop with the real life!!  real life a db7 wasent a A10  and a maty had a hole on turrent that now has vanish!!

• Like 1

Just now, blakeh said:

i liked this

I believe Scotsman has posted most recently that the impact of the Matty is going to be lessened due to some entrance of some new gear pretty soon.  

as this game evolves, things like the Matty and Tiger will or have started to loss thier dominance.  Think about it. The Matty used to be the top dog in this game. Nothing better but now we advance tiers and it loses dominance. The B1 used to be as scary as the Matty. The pendulum swung to The Tiger where the allies had the Crusader3 and the M10 to fight it. The Tiger entered the game with 5 per AB, and tripled the active axis pb numbers on the server producing some of the fastest map movement this game has ever seen. Now the allies have a guns in the game that keeps the Tiger driver honest.   

That being said, the game cannot cater changes to appease just one side. This is why we have a Tiger vrs S75 tier, or T0 with the Matty. The Matty will probably never be unseated as the most effective tank in the game in its respective tier. Delems pointed out that the Matty has a 17kd now. In t0 it reached 35kd. The new tier being rather recently flipped has already cut the Mattys effect in half. Next tier the Matty will be forgotten. The Axis have won just slightly over half the maps in the past three years. The Matty being present in those maps, the Axis have won just a couple more maps than the Allies since the new tbs entered. The Matty being present in those maps also under the same conditions.

I am sorry but the Axis losing a map or two does not constitute a need for change. Every loss does not need a remedy which ppl demand cause they lost. This map is not even over. This thread just reinforces my opinion of the majority of the axis tankers. They would not last as and allied tanker past t0.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dre21 said:

But still we would like an answer that Njord88 asked where did that hole go on the right side of the turret as it was there in real life , if that was the maybe the supposed Armor leak.

I can’t say for sure when the mantlet gunsight hole disappeared but it has nothing whatsoever to do with the armor value. Purely cosmetic, as are all such orifices on all tanks unless it has a separate armor plate that can be opened or closed. 

The armor leaks that were plugged were found in the lower hull where an internal firewall projected out through the hull, potentially causing crew damage, and on the upper rear hull (vents) where colliders were simply missing. Internal components were rearranged to conform with actual construction, mainly the fuel tanks that were of the wrong size and misplaced. The turret remain unchanged.

35 minutes ago, BMBM said:

I can’t say for sure when the mantlet gunsight hole disappeared but it has nothing whatsoever to do with the armor value. Purely cosmetic, as are all such orifices on all tanks unless it has a separate armor plate that can be opened or closed. 

The armor leaks that were plugged were found in the lower hull where an internal firewall projected out through the hull, potentially causing crew damage, and on the upper rear hull (vents) where colliders were simply missing. Internal components were rearranged to conform with actual construction, mainly the fuel tanks that were of the wrong size and misplaced. The turret remain unchanged.

Sorry BMBM but for some reason heat rounds , ap rounds from stugs and 4ds arent doing damage to turrent on the view thing any more! no matter the distance

Afaik the HEAT rounds, much less the vanilla AP, are incapable of penetrating the Matilda. Scotsman may have more info on that.

46 minutes ago, stankyus said:

I am sorry but the Axis losing a map or two does not constitute a need for change. Every loss does not need a remedy which ppl demand cause they lost. This map is not even over. This thread just reinforces my opinion of the majority of the axis tankers. They would not last as and allied tanker past t0.

The fact that you sayed this, show that you dont know what you are saying!  or did you mean alied? because dude what you sayed is why many axis weapons got changed, lik the granadier and lmg!

"This thread just reinforces my opinion of the majority of the axis tankers. They would not last as and allied tanker past t0." dude why when all the time whips whent alied, they got top 5 in almost all things?  Hell, all the times i got alied, i was top 5 tanker....

one of the problems here is that alieds players come here, when axis shows facts about alied weapons, saying that axis are complaining because are losing the map, are the same Alied players that cry on the forums demaning changes to made in axis weapons when they lose a map. 

Just now, BMBM said:

Afaik the HEAT rounds, much less the vanilla AP, are incapable of penetrating the Matilda. Scotsman may have more info on that.

ok!!

15 minutes ago, njord88 said:

many axis weapons got changed, lik the granadier and lmg!

As did the Brit HEAT grenadier. I'm still not seeing the bias argument, and it's hysterical how none of these complaints occur when map goes WEST...

1 minute ago, jwrona said:

As did the Brit HEAT grenadier. I'm still not seeing the bias argument, and it's hysterical how none of these complaints occur when map goes WEST...

I miss Brit Grens - How I love flaming entire armoured divisions.

I'll trade you our gren for the Axis Gren aka. the noob cannon.

Edited by Kempi
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, stankyus said:

That being said, the game cannot cater changes to appease just one side.

axis LMG fix-- lol---- Let the allied discrediting BEGIN     1     2    3       GO

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, jwrona said:

and it's hysterical how none of these complaints occur when map goes WEST...

This. 

1 hour ago, jwrona said:

We had the pak38   the   h  in tier0

the matty could be killed ( rare  but coudl be done ) by the stug b  and  the t38  changes made to  fill voids , that is corect, but  the  3 wammy all at once realy hurt axis tier  1 and 2

to denie the  maty is at 10 kd +++++ is to hie th ehea din gournd

when the tiger WAS at  kd5, the SAME peopl  proteting the  mega adv on  maty wer  crying for  a  fix to  that oen tier and teh "mega" tiger...

3 hours ago, blakeh said:

right. but in RL axis had radios in their tanks ... they flanked and rushed the allied lines/flanks. they cut off all the divisions which then retreated to Dunkerque. well .. we had similar in this game ... but axis were too successful with it .. so CRS removed softcaps ... they removed divisions ... they reduced min AO limit to 1 ... they removed LMG shooting while walking/running ... they f*cked up the 109 flight model ... they increased dispersion of 88 ... and many more

so all allies have to do is go into turtle mode while being underpop or even attack with their uba equipment like matty and brit smgs. once they have numbers they instantly roll towns like every night. the last few campaigns axis only won because so many side switchers and allied players/squads came to axis side, the times when this didnt matter much was like 5+ years ago but since then too many axis veterans left the game. they come/came back in the WBS events and they see nothing has changed ... it even got worse. their words ... just ask them.

10 axis defenders / 10 allied attackers

when allies attack with like 2 mattys ... it will lead to a big advantage for the attackers because at least half of the defenders are busy trying to take out those 2 mattys. once they get destroyed their sortie will show up a lot of kills for them. dont forget a matty can drive straight into town or AB even ... something the Tiger is not able to because they get knocked out 500-1000m outside town by EA or atgs shooting from town. yeah ... the Tiger dies easily frontally even by Tier 1 equipment

3 hours ago, BMBM said:

So how is the gunner aquiring it's target with the gunsight hole removed?

11 minutes ago, undercova said:

we had similar in this game ... but axis were too successful with it .. so CRS removed softcaps ... they removed divisions ... they reduced min AO limit to 1 ... they removed LMG shooting while walking/running ... they f*cked up the 109 flight model ... they increased dispersion of 88 ... and many more

That’s a lot of tinfoil :rolleyes:

8 minutes ago, Dre21 said:

So how is the gunner aquiring it's target with the gunsight hole removed?

Special CRS magic. 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, jwrona said:

I would say you guys can have him back but will have to sacrifice Zooks and Sapper, cause with the Brit Gren you get yet another Panzer killer where you can sit in a bush and just take a Panzer out , also he carried how many HEAT grenades?  No issue bringing the unit back but something will have to give.

3 hours ago, BMBM said:

Just a reminder that there are but two Matildas per AB, plus two less lethal CS variants. 

Yet it carries a MG which can kill all INF and HE to kill all other units besides Panzer , so 2 Matildas  and  2 CS types seem to be sufficient,  couple that with 3 or 4 Garrisons in town and maybe even a French Flag for a Char or 2 and it's programmed how that is going to end.

Just now, BMBM said:

Special CRS magic. 

Well that is about the silliest comment I have read to date. There was no need to remove it whatsoever,  unless like other have said it was a kill spot .

I thought this game prides itself on realism , so now we change the look of the Matilda why? 

You guys always go there is no Bias , but then a player points something out and one can't get a straight answer when questioned , and we have to listen to CRS magic!

You might find it comical , I do not.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Kempi said:

It works both ways, one hit in a s76 or an m10 and its game over not just the guns taken out but usually the crew are dead.

That is why Allied Tankers work in packs as a team, it is the only way for us to have a chance in tier 2 and 3.

I thought you just take out the gun, what is it now you work in teams or you just take out the gun.

Is that why when I'm at a save distance I have shootouts vs S75 like I did vs downtown last campaign , where he takes multiple hits and he keeps firing back in the hopes to take out the main gun? 

I wouldn't say nothing if it would be a rare occasion ( having shootouts with S75s or any of the other 2 I mentioned)  , but it's not .

11 minutes ago, Dre21 said:

Well that is about the silliest comment I have read to date. There was no need to remove it whatsoever,  unless like other have said it was a kill spot .

I thought this game prides itself on realism , so now we change the look of the Matilda why? 

You guys always go there is no Bias , but then a player points something out and one can't get a straight answer when questioned , and we have to listen to CRS magic!

You might find it comical , I do not.

The never was a hole where you thought there was one - it was merely a texture - afaik. Same as with all other tanks that have similar orifices, as explained.

WRT how the gunner actually sees outside through the solid mantlet, that’s merely a question of placing the (invulnerable) eyepoint  on the outside - or having it see through the one-way textured object that is the mantlet. The gunsight itself is not a damage component fwiw.

I believe this thread needs some light-heartedness among all the doom and gloom. 

*** having it see through the one-way textured object that is the mantlet

So the 232 cmdr could see through the antenna rails, if the rails were like that one way mantlet?

Agree, take out 4 sappers and give brits 4 grenadiers back, that would seem ok to me.

Just now, BMBM said:

That’s a lot of tinfoil :rolleyes:

Special CRS magic. 

BMBM pls dont say this stuff! 

Many axis players  are leaving because they have a wrong view of CRS and the game!

when we are showing facts, then a crs member comes says stuff like that and player like n8 are still able to play the game

you are just confirming what axis players sees!

• Like 1

Also FTR, the gun tube damage thresholds are pretty much generic/universal. No bias, no single particular ”glass jaw” IOW.

• Guest locked this topic