Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

Matilda 8 days camp: 1839 kills dead 159

enemytank

1 minute ago, njord88 said:

BMBM pls dont say this stuff! 

Many axis players  are leaving because they have a wrong view of CRS and the game!

when we are showing facts, then a crs member comes says stuff like that and player like n8 are still able to play the game

you are just confirming what axis players sees!

Well there’s a lot of false assumptions and myths going around on both sides, which grows louder on the then-current losing side. I’m here to dispel such, as far as my NDA allows.

• Like 1

Just now, BMBM said:

Well there’s a lot of false assumptions and myths going around on both sides, which grows louder on the then-current losing side. I’m here to dispel such, as far as my NDA allows.

CC!! i dont have the gramma to say much! and google translator is not good!

i know that some times  (me as well) get out of place,

10 minutes ago, delems said:

So the 232 cmdr could see through the antenna rails, if the rails were like that one way mantlet?

Yes, except that the antenna has no hidden aspect contrary to the backside of the mantlet. The other option for the 232 is to swap it for the 231 (or have two pretty much similar vehicles), though that’d be a totally new stats feature.

CC!! i dont have the gramma to say much! and google translator is not good!

i know that some times  (me as well) get out of place,

No problem bud. Where are you from? 

*** though that’d be a totally new stats feature.

I see no reason to make a different stats section - both are identical - the radio means nothing in game; so both 231 and 232 would be in same stat imo.

Now, a 263 or 233 would have to have its own stats probably.  Different weapons.

*** Also FTR, the gun tube damage thresholds are pretty much generic/universal. No bias, no single particular ”glass jaw” IOW.

If this is true, and I don't really believe it.  But, will assume it is true for the moment.

Then, what is causing disabled tiger guns, and not other tank guns?  Is the problem somewhere else?

*** That’s just how the vehicle IDs (and thus stats) works. New vehicle, new stats. 

Ok, pretty minor detail in the end.  Just have another vehicle.

2 minutes ago, delems said:

Then, what is causing disabled tiger guns, and not other tank guns?  Is the problem somewhere else?

Bigger gun, easier to hit. And, late tier guns impart more joules. I assure you that other tank guns are as easily disabled. You, and other Tiger users, may also be suffering from observer bias. I would ordinate a spell on the other side.

44 minutes ago, BMBM said:

I assure you that other tank guns are as easily disabled

As an allied tanker 100% they do.

22 minutes ago, Kempi said:

As an allied tanker 100% they do.

Agreed, I’ve had 2 pounders upwards disabled. Not often but it happens. Usually we don’t survive enough hits for gun disabling to be an issue.

Any seeming increase for the Tiger would be a consequence of it getting hit many times more than an allied tank and surviving long enough for that gun to be hit.

2 hours ago, Dre21 said:

I would say you guys can have him back but will have to sacrifice Zooks and Sapper

I thought the official response was that the British HEAT RG would be back as soon as someone with the skillz to do the animation set for the French and German HEAT RGs would volunteer, and do that work, and get it through debug and QC/QA...?

The weapon models themselves of course have been done for several years...

https://hosting.photobucket.com/albums/t108/jwilly48519/Infantry weapons and modeling/germanrg-new_zpsi2kioafk.png

https://hosting.photobucket.com/albums/t108/jwilly48519/Infantry weapons and modeling/frenchrg-new1_zps7zdxomvj.png

Edited by jwilly

4 hours ago, BMBM said:

The never was a hole where you thought there was one - it was merely a texture - afaik. Same as with all other tanks that have similar orifices, as explained.

WRT how the gunner actually sees outside through the solid mantlet, that’s merely a question of placing the (invulnerable) eyepoint  on the outside - or having it see through the one-way textured object that is the mantlet. The gunsight itself is not a damage component fwiw.

I believe this thread needs some light-heartedness among all the doom and gloom. 

So no reason to remove it then. 

I didn't say there was a hole , a player pointed something out, I posted via a link that it did exist on Matildas, it was there ever since the Matilda was introduced , and you guys went through the trouble to remove it.

Some say HEAT rounds worked, well if it was the gunners scope it was made out of glass which would be susceptible to a HEAT round , odd how that works ain't it. It was always tough but there was that small spot on the turret , sure seems it's gone now .

I would have never noticed if Njord88 would have not pointed it out.

Again that spot/scope/modeling whatever you want to call it , it has been on the Matilda since it was put in game and now you guys deemed it necessary to remove it .

Something ain't passing the smell test.

• Like 1

You're aware that there's no relationship between the visual model and the collider / damagable model, aren't you?

Except that they're both part of the game, and one goes where the other goes.

But ordnance doesn't interact with the visual model in any way. Never has. 

Many years ago, this was one of the tank damage models:

sherman2.jpg

• CORNERED RAT
8 hours ago, xcas said:

axis LMG fix

That fix was applied to all LMG's including Both of the allied LMG's

7 hours ago, Dre21 said:

So no reason to remove it then. 

I didn't say there was a hole , a player pointed something out, I posted via a link that it did exist on Matildas, it was there ever since the Matilda was introduced , and you guys went through the trouble to remove it.

Some say HEAT rounds worked, well if it was the gunners scope it was made out of glass which would be susceptible to a HEAT round , odd how that works ain't it. It was always tough but there was that small spot on the turret , sure seems it's gone now .

I would have never noticed if Njord88 would have not pointed it out.

Again that spot/scope/modeling whatever you want to call it , it has been on the Matilda since it was put in game and now you guys deemed it necessary to remove it .

Something ain't passing the smell test.

TBH I haven’t checked the Matilda turret art lately (out of town, no access) for version change if any. I certainly haven’t edited it out and I’m the only guy doing vehicles since uh 2017?

Even so, a texture change, if any, has NO relevance to the damage model. None.

Again, the scope is NOT a damage component. For any tank. You can’t hurt what’s not there, even if it by dint of artwork seems to be there. The hole is not a hole, on on any tank, since the year 2000.

109 cannons tier 0 kills a mattie 1 burst all positions an 88 dose a sapper, baby atg, ect ect, i have never read a thread with so much cry baby rubbish as this one my god, you guys are rabbling like crack heads

I'm inclined to agree, there's a great deal of hyperbole & general wailing going on, notwithstanding the general difficulty in using larger ATG's with the current marking/FMS/terrain/attackers arriving before defenders stuff, but none of that is a side-specific issue, merely a tier specific one.

The simple truth is the axis are attempting the same old techniques that used to work, but without even trying to pull out 88's, and then wonder why they're getting their arses kicked. There is at least one means by which, in their position, and a little organisation (and without recourse to cheating), I reckon I could defeat better than 75% of all Matilda led attacks even with the current large ATG issues. It just requires thinking about. They need to try some different, new, techniques. Think outside the box a little....

11 minutes ago, fidd said:

I'm inclined to agree, there's a great deal of hyperbole & general wailing going on, notwithstanding the general difficulty in using larger ATG's with the current marking/FMS/terrain/attackers arriving before defenders stuff, but none of that is a side-specific issue, merely a tier specific one.

The simple truth is the axis are attempting the same old techniques that used to work, but without even trying to pull out 88's, and then wonder why they're getting their arses kicked. There is at least one means by which, in their position, and a little organisation (and without recourse to cheating), I reckon I could defeat better than 75% of all Matilda led attacks even with the current large ATG issues. It just requires thinking about. They need to try some different, new, techniques. Think outside the box a little....

Try Tier 0 on axis side ... then come back

You forget, I have, many many times. That doesn't invalidate what I said though, your tactics and organisation need to adapt. I've thought over the current situation re the problems cited up-thread, and reckon I could stop, cold, 75% of Matilda led attacks, without great difficulty, not even requiring parity in player numbers. But you'd need to change the way you think about defence, and fighting, to achieve that. It's eminently doable, with the tools you already have, and with no game-mechanic changes or adjustments, and no change of terrain. 

5 hours ago, fidd said:

OK I can put the breaks on right now,  this campaign when I have time I do spawn the 88 and a HT , guess my kill count .

Highest was 2 before I got killed , other times I didn't even make it out of the AB , not because of another ET but because EI, and if I was set up and I did score a kill , EA showed and one pass and 88 was dead. Or I made it out got set up did hear ETS but never got any intoy gun sight just to be killed by a EI. 

Or the best is I finally get really set in a good spot and even  drove from a different town to boot , just for the enemy stop all activity. 

4 hours ago, fidd said:

sorry, but you saying axis has no organization? lol, A alied player saying this?

Dude mine squad had to go so many times alied to help you guys win,

For this game to survive Alieds must be quiet for some years!!

6 hours ago, BMBM said:

TBH I haven’t checked the Matilda turret art lately (out of town, no access) for version change if any. I certainly haven’t edited it out and I’m the only guy doing vehicles since uh 2017?

Even so, a texture change, if any, has NO relevance to the damage model. None.

Again, the scope is NOT a damage component. For any tank. You can’t hurt what’s not there, even if it by dint of artwork seems to be there. The hole is not a hole, on on any tank, since the year 2000.

So who changed it then , if you didn't ? 

You are stuck on the hole part, never ever have I said there was a hole .

It was said ( not by me ) that exactly the spot we are talking about one could score a kill with HEAT, now one can not ( per njord88 ) exactly that player also posted a picture that the turret has changed , you claim it has not , I'm not sure but I look at that picture and I can definitely say something has changed , or are you telling me it was just covered with a texture but magically that spot now doesn't do anything anymore when it does get hit by HEAT ( per Njord88).

sorry, but you saying axis has no organization? lol, A alied player saying this?

Dude mine squad had to go so many times alied to help you guys win,

For this game to survive Alieds must be quiet for some years!!

Not in the least, I'm saying that you need to experiment to find new ways of defending, and for that, (insofar as I've worked out methods to counter the Matilda) it will require organisation. In other words, so far as the method I worked out is concerned goes, simply reacting to EWS in the usual way, will not work. I wasn't implying the axis lack organisation, merely saying my method required it, over and above the usual amount of organisation in game. 

• Guest locked this topic